Warner to Juliette, Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (via blowkissesnotboys)
I want to be wanted like this.
Run differently to train new muscles: Being outside gives you the liberty to vary your steps instead of just putting one foot in front of the other like you do on the treadmill. To challenge your muscles in different ways and use ones you normally wouldn’t while running, get creative with how you step. Run diagonally or sideways, take giant steps or baby steps, run in a zigzag or with high knees, skip, or even run backward.
- Abs: Slow down your pace slightly and run with high knees up to the chest while keeping the abs engaged.
- Abs and quads: Run with straight legs, scissor kicking your feet straight in front of you.
- Abs and calves: Do a running skip, kicking one knee high into the chest with each hop.
- Calves: Land softly only on the balls of the feet, as if tiptoe running.
- Calves and hamstrings: As you run, kick your heels into your glutes.
- Hamstrings: Run backwards; alternate looking over your right and left shoulder to avoid bumping into anything.
- Inner and outer thighs: Run sideways crossing your back foot over your front with each step; alternate leading with the right and left legs.
- Outer thighs and glutes (aka saddlebags): Run with legs slightly wider than hips-width distance apart.
wow, didn’t even know this
|—||Bobbie Barrett, Mad Men (via polythenepaul)|